- 1. Roles
- 2. Accessing Messaging Application
- 3. User Administration
- 4. Tenant Administration
- 5. Trading Partner Administration
- 6. Channel Administration
- 7. Rules Administration
- 8. Services
- 8.1. Custom Services
- 8.2. Splitter Services
- 8.3. Meatadata extractor
- 8.4. Parser
- 9. Transactions/Mailbox messages
- Back to Learning Center
Add user to Trading partner Profile
Add a user to Trading partner and assign a role. Users may belong to more than one profile that belong to their Tenant. Administration of a user is performed on a per-profile basis. Verify that the Profile displayed in the top left corner of the screen is that which you wish to modify. (If it is not, select the appropriate profile from the Profile drop down menu).
Who can perform this function?
Messaging Administrator - Can manage users to all Trading partners that belong to all Tenants. This role can assign all roles to a user including Tenant (Partner) Administration Role
Tenant (Partner) Administrator - Can manage users to all Trading partners that belong to their Tenant. This role can assign all roles to a user including Tenant (Partner) Administration Role.
Trading Partner Administrator - Can manage users to Trading partners that they are administrator of. This role can assign TP administrator role, Basic user role and messaging user role.
- From the Administration menu, click User Administration tab.
- Click Add Users. The Add User screen is displayed.
- Key in the User's Covisint User ID, Name, or email address, then click Find User. If no search criteria is entered all users that belong to that Tenant are listed in results screen.
- Enable the radio button of the user you wish to add to this profile.
- From the Role selection drop-down menu, select the role you wish to assign to this user.
- Perform one of the following:
Activate this user to this profile
a. From the selection drop down menu, select Active.
b. Proceed to step 7.
Issue a request to the Profile Administrator that this user be added to the profile
a. From the selection drop down menu, select Requested.
b. In the Request reason open text field, key in the reason that you wish to have this user added to the profile.
c. Proceed to step 7.
7 . Click Add. The screen refreshes, and the main User Administration tab is displayed confirming the updated information.
You have successfully added a new user to a trading partner profile.