- 1. Roles
- 2. Accessing Messaging Application
- 3. User Administration
- 4. Tenant Administration
- 5. Trading Partner Administration
- 6. Channel Administration
- 7. Rules Administration
- 8. Services
- 8.1. Custom Services
- 8.2. Splitter Services
- 8.3. Meatadata extractor
- 8.4. Parser
- 9. Transactions/Mailbox messages
- Back to Learning Center
Modifying a user's role
Administrators can change roles for a user at any time. Users may belong to more than one profile that belong to their Tenant. Administration of a user is performed on a per-profile basis. Verify that the Profile displayed in the top left corner of the screen is that which you wish to modify. (If it is not, select the appropriate profile from the Profile drop down menu).
Who can perform this function?
Messaging Administrator - Can manage users to all Trading partners that belong to all Tenants. This role can assign all roles to a user including Tenant (Partner) Administration Role
Tenant (Partner) Administrator - Can manage users to all Trading partners that belong to their Tenant. This role can assign all roles to a user including Tenant (Partner) Administration Role.
Trading Partner Administrator - Can manage users to Trading partners that they are administrator of. This role can assign TP administrator role, Basic user role and messaging user role.
- From the Administration menu, click User Administration tab.
- Search and select the user for whom you wish to modify roles.
- From the search results, click on the role currently assigned to that user. The Edit User Role screen is displayed.
- Enable the radio button of the role you wish to assign to this user.
- Click Update. The screen refreshes and the new role will take affect the very next time this user logs into Messaging Application. If the user is currently logged in, the role modification will not take place until that user logs out of Messaging application, and then back into Connect.
You have successfully modified a user's role.