- Covisint Developer Overview
- 1. Creating Solutions
- 2. Managing Solutions
- 3. Managing Instances
- 4. User Management
- 5. Cloud Identity Services (CIS) Branding
- Back to Learning Center
The application management screen allows you to register your external application, issues client ID and secret, which is required to access the Platform APIs, and provides a space to manage all the applications you register. This section walks you through the process of creating one.
Who can perform this function?
Any of the roles below:
- Solution Center Administrator
- Solution Center Company Administrator
- Solution Center Solution Administrator
- Solution Center Instance Administrator
Create an external application for an instance
- Click the Solutions tab.
- On the left panel of the Solution Center, click Solutions. A list of all the solutions for your company that have access to the solution center will be displayed.
- Select your solution by clicking on the solution name.
- Click the Instances tab. A list of all the instances for the selected solution will be displayed.
- Select an instance by clicking on the instance name to retrieve an instance.
- Click New Application.
- Enter the application name and description, and click the save icon.
- The application ID, Client ID, and Client secret will be auto-generated for your application. Click the Show Client Secret button to unhide the Client Secret.