- 1. Definition of Terms
- 2. Identity Management Roles
- 3. Inviting a User
- 4. Inviting an Organization
- 5. Registering as a New User
- 6. Registering as a New Organization
- 7. Approving Pending Request
- 8. Granting a Service Package to an Organization
- 9. Granting a Service Package to a User
- 10. Removing Package from User
- 11. Removing User
- 12. Requesting Service Package for my Organization
- 13. Requesting Service Package
- 14. Suspending a Package from an Organization
- 15. Permanently Removing a Package from an Organization
- 16. Suspending a Package from a User
- 17. Unsuspending a Package from a User
- 18. Suspending a User
- 19. Unsuspending a User
- 20. Viewing Pending Requests
- 21. Viewing and Updating Your User Profile
- 22. Resetting Password
- 23. Changing Password
- 24. Specifying Password
- Back to Learning Center
Use this option if the user doesn’t remember their old password, and doesn’t have access to their registered email address.
A 'password specify' should only be used in exceptional situations. Password reset is always the preferred method.
Who can perform this operation?
- Security Administrator
- Log into CIS.
- If you’re a security administrator, search for the user, and view their profile. Else, click the My Profile menu, and then select view my profile.
- Click specify user password.
- Verify the user’s identity, and submit the new password by clicking the Submit Password Change button.
- You have successfully changed the password for the user.
- The user would have to log into CIS using the temporary password mentioned above.
- Create a new password to change the temporary password.