- IoT Overview
- 1. Getting Started
- 2. Creating an IoT Solution
- 2.1. Model the Device
- 2.2. Create an Instance of the Device from Template
- 2.3. Create Event Source and Threshold Policy for the Device
- 2.4. Create Event Stream for Device
- 2.5. Create Application
- 2.6. Create Event Stream for Application
- 2.7. Subscribe to Events
- 2.8. Configure the Device
- 2.9. Configure the Application
- 2.10. Send Event from Device
- 3. API Documentation
- Back to Learning Center
Fleet Management Use Case
For a specific example of the health monitoring of connected products, let’s look at how the manager of a fleet of vehicles can monitor the health of individual vehicles.
- Data about an event in a car (ex. temperature gauge shows overheating) is transferred via MQTT to an event data hub.
- An event processing engine processes the data.
- The data is published to an alert queue.
- A notification application that is subscribed to the alert queue receives the alert.
- The notification application sends an alert to the fleet support team.
- The support team is then able to contact the driver and, with knowledge of the driver’s location relative to the nearest fleet outlet, direct the driver to go trade the car in for a new one.
The diagram below illustrates the data flow in a use case such as described above.