- 1. Definition of Terms
- 2. Identity Management Roles
- 3. Inviting a User
- 4. Inviting an Organization
- 5. Registering as a New User
- 6. Registering as a New Organization
- 7. Approving Pending Request
- 8. Granting a Service Package to an Organization
- 9. Granting a Service Package to a User
- 10. Removing Package from User
- 11. Removing User
- 12. Requesting Service Package for my Organization
- 13. Requesting Service Package
- 14. Suspending a Package from an Organization
- 15. Permanently Removing a Package from an Organization
- 16. Suspending a Package from a User
- 17. Unsuspending a Package from a User
- 18. Suspending a User
- 19. Unsuspending a User
- 20. Viewing Pending Requests
- 21. Viewing and Updating Your User Profile
- 22. Resetting Password
- 23. Changing Password
- 24. Specifying Password
- Back to Learning Center
Use this option to reset a user's password, if the user doesn’t remember their old password, and has access to their registered email address.
Who can perform this operation?
- Log into CIS.
- Search and select the desired user.
- Click My Profile, and then View my Profile.
- Click reset user password.
- Review the steps (Confirm the security answers with the user), and click Reset Password.
- The first HALF of the randomly generated password is displayed on the screen. The second HALF of the password is emailed to the registered email address. Password reset is successful.
- You have successfully reset the password for the user.
- The user would have to log into CIS using the temporary password mentioned above.
- Create a new password to change the temporary password.